Animals of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Animals of the World

We arepeople from WolfQuest and beyond. That is all for now....

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roleplaying information [Approved]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Silver

Roleplaying information [Approved] Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying information [Approved]   Roleplaying information [Approved] Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:18 am

This are just my ideasfor the roleplaying site to get it lively. I have been member of another RP site for a while, there it is more as a story which you decide what role your character takes in it. A preset before we start roleplaying would be useful.

First thing which is quite important: Dont get angry with people that ate you or acted mean to you. Remember it is the character people take role of, not the person itself what snaps to you. If I play a mean and careless wolf, it doesn' t make me a mean and careless person. If people are mean to you through PM, report it to an admin or moderator.
Please refrain from posting like this:

Growls. Walks over to a tree. Yawns. Walks away and eats.

Instead of that, make it more lively and interesting like this:

When Silver catched a weird scent, she growled. It remained quiet in the forest. You could feel the tension. When Silver came after the fact nothing was wrong, she walked over to a tree and yawned. When a bird started singing its song, Silver knew everything was fine. She walked away from a tree, sniffed the air for a carcass, walked toward it and ate until she was full.

That is how I normally see roleplaying on such sites. It can help improve your writing skills and such Wink

Also: You can't control other characters... I will just give an example with a hare named Scruff and a wolf named Shadow:

NOT like this:

Quote :
Shadow scented the hare. What are you doing here? he growled. What are YOU doing here?!? the hare said back. "Get OUT!" the hare shouted.

It CAN be like this:

Quote :
Shadow scented the hare. He got down and slowly stalked the hare, leaped on it and killed it. He gobbled it up, leaving his stomach still rumbling. He had to find something better.

So no controlling the character like it is yours, but you can hunt others if you want.

Last edited by Stardust on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Approved)
Back to top Go down
Stardust
Admin
Stardust

Roleplaying information [Approved] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying information [Approved]   Roleplaying information [Approved] Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:15 am

Thank you for adding this Silver!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21968

Roleplaying information [Approved]
Page 1 of 1